If you are having blood clots in the deep vein of your leg and having an earlier pulmonary embolism are the most risk causes for Pulmonary Embolism.
Many things increase your risk for a clotting of blood which comprises of Circulation of slow blood flow, Abnormal curdling, and Injury to the blood vessel wall.
Circulation slow blood flow – If blood doesn’t circulate or flow normally, blood clots are more likely to develop.
Lower circulation might result from:
- Taking bed rest for a long time such as if you are curbed to bed after a surgery, injury, or serious illness
- Sitting and traveling for a long time, especially when traveling long distances by airplane
- Leg Dysfunction. When you use your muscles, the muscles contract, and that compresses the blood vessels in and around the muscles. The squeezing helps the blood move back toward the heart. Dysfunction can reduce circulation because the muscles can’t contract
Abnormal Curdling – Some people have blood that clots too quickly. People with this trouble are a lot of seemingly to form large clots that may break loose and pass to the lungs. Conditions that may cause increased clotting include:
- Inherited factors. Some people have an inherited tendency to develop blood clots that may cause pulmonary embolism
- The family history of close relatives, like a sibling, who has had deep vein thrombosis or embolism.
- Cancer and its treatment
- Blood vessel diseases, like unhealthy veins, attack, coronary failure, or a stroke
- A woman’s risk of developing blood clots will increase during pregnancy and shortly after delivery
- Using hormone therapy or birth control pills or patches and Smoking
Injury to the blood vessel wall – Blood is more likely to clot in arteries and veins shortly after they are injured. Injury to a blood vessel can be caused by:
- Recent surgery that involved the legs, hips, belly, or brain
- A tube placed in a large vein of the body
- Damage from an injury, such as a serious burn, serious infection or broken hip
It also depends on Age, the persons who are older than 70 are a lot of doubtless to develop blood clots in their veins. Another factor is being overweight will cause the risk of developing blood clots and if not taking the medicines which are prescribed, if not your doctor tells you to prevent taking it.
Dr.G.V. Praveen Kumar, the best Vascular Surgeon in Hyderabad at Vascular Care Center, Somajiguda treats well for pulmonary embolism to reduce the risks and cure the disease.